These five purposes listed below are the five goals of every chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi. These purposes are accomplished through numerous events and projects. To see what the chapter is currently doing visit our Facebook page!
(1) To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
(2) To honor outstanding bandmembers through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
(3) To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
(4) To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
(5) To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.
Our chapter works to better the bands at the University of Minnesota, using these purposes as a guide. We create projects, host fundraisers, and brainstorm ways in which we can improve the bands at our university. It is our main goal to serve the band program, and give back to these organizations that have given so much to us.
Examples of on-going projects we do: Selling Merchandise to raise money for our chapter and for the Marching Band (including shell jackets, calendars, ornaments, and more). Game Night (fundraiser where we host a Mario Kart and Super smash bros tournament as well as various board games). Professional Headshots (We took free professional headshots for band students to use on their resume and linked-in account, etc.) Spring Dance (co-hosted with our sister TBS chapter, this semi-formal band dance helps fundraiser money for large projects at our School of Music). Band Clinic Day (hosting an event for high school students to come see what it's like to be in the Pride of Minnesota Marching Band for a day). High School outreach (brothers traveling to different schools around the area and talking to them about continuing music after high school). Concert Posters (creating poster to help advertise for concerts going on at our university).